Keto-Friendly Scotch Eggs
Scotch Eggs are one of my favorite gastropub eats and they are a lot easier to make than they seem. You just need a little practice and you’ll be whippin them up like a pro in no time. I like mine with honey mustard or sugar free maple syrup depending on my mood. You can use Italian sausage or breakfast sausage – whichever floats your boat. I prefer Italian Sausage most of the time.
Net Carbs: 2g
- 4 Eggs Soft boiled, peeled
- 1 Lb Italian sausage
- 1 Egg Whisked
- 3 Cups Pork crumbs Crushed
- Oil For frying
- Split the package of Italian sausage into fourths.
- Flatten each portion and wrap it around each egg until it’s completely covered in sausage and there is no seam to be found. Repeat three more times with the remaining eggs and sausage.
- In one bowl, whisk one egg. In another bowl, add three cups of crushed pork crumbs.
- Coat the sausage wrapped egg in an egg wash and then roll it around in the pork crumbs to coat completely. TIP: use the right hand for the egg wash and left hand for the Panko. Keep the wet and dry hands apart unless you want a hot mess in front of you. Repeat three more times.
- In 350 degree oil, slowly drop in the Scotch eggs. Fry for 7 minutes until the sausage is fully cooked and the coating is crispy and golden.
- Enjoy with a honey mustard, maple syrup, or creole remoulade 🤤
Calories: 658kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 51g | Fat: 47g | Sodium: 1146mg | Sugar: 1g | Net Carbs: 2g
We only share products/services that we love. This post contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission for purchases made through our links.
Tried this recipe?Please leave a review below and tag us @TheKetodashians on IG!