Chinese takeout classic + wing night = pure magic. The great thing about this recipe is that the sauce can be used for whatever type of chicken your heart desires.
- Cook chicken wings using your favorite method. I like to deep fry mine in 385 degree avocado oil until it is extra crispy.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat.
- Add soy sauce (or Tamari/aminos), sambal, sugar free orange marmalade, brown sweetener (swerve is what I used), ground ginger, onion powder, sesame oil, and garlic powder. Stir until the brown sweetener is dissolved.
- Measure 1/4 cup water and mix xanthan gum with it. Pour half it into the mixture and stir – it will get thick fast. Pour the other half if you want your sauce thiccc.
- Toss the chicken wings in as much sauce as your heart desires. Garnish with sesame seeds and scallions.
We only share products/services that we love. This post contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission for purchases made through our links.