”I can’t believe it’s not“ Panda Express Orange Chicken! CRISPY CRUNCHY SALTY SWEET TANGY SPICY 🙌🏼 less than 6g net carb per serving and the fried chicken is ZERO CARBS WITH BATTER ONLY.
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon milk of choice
- 1 cup Isopure Whey Protein Powder – Unflavored!
- 3 cups avocado oil
- 1/2 cup sugar free orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce (or Tamari or Liquid Aminos)
- 1/2 cup Golden Monkfruit sweetener
- 1 tsp ground ginger (more to taste)
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder (more to taste)
- 1 tbsp chili paste (more to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- Cut small bite sized pieces of boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound, I had 6 thighs in my package). Mix them with one egg, a tablespoon of garlic powder, teaspoon of salt, and teaspoon of pepper. Add one tablespoon of any kind of milk.
- Add about one cup of @isopure whey protein powder (UNFLAVORED, not natural, people) and mix it around to coat the chicken. I GRADUALLY added the protein powder as I mixed and the powder settled/got stuck to the bottom or side so this step is dependent on how it sticks to the chicken.you could likely use less for sure. There just needs to be some sprinkled on the chicken for there to be a crunch. It shouldn’t be a sludge like batter though. Like a wet dusting, if that makes sense.
- Drop the “battered” chicken one piece at a time in hot oil (375 degree oil) – cook for at least 3 minutes but just take it out when it’s crispy enough for you.
- While the chicken is cooking, heat a skillet on low and mix equal parts sugar free orange marmalade, soy sauce, & monkfruit sweetener. Then add ginger powder, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper to taste. Stir the sauce and then add a tablespoon of water because it thickens fast.
- Take the chicken out and put it in a bowl. Pour the sauce over it and then place another bowl on top and shake it!! Serve with a side of steamed broccoli.
We only share products/services that we love. This post contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission for purchases made through our links.