This salmon dish is so incredibly easy to make in the air fryer or oven. It’s sweet, salty, savory, and uses basic pantry staples that are super easy to find at most Asian grocery stories.
Pair this delicious dish with a side of cauli-rice, roasted veggies, or over your favorite low carb noodles.
- 2 4-6oz skin on salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or another high smoke point oil of your choice)
- 1/4 cup sugar free teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce Sambal
- 1/2 cup fried shallots (these are a common find at Asian grocery stores)
- 1/4 cup Vietnamese scallion oil
- salt & pepper
- Take a paper towel and pat the salmon fillets dry. Let them sit at room temperature for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Combine the teriyaki sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, and chili garlic sauce. Coat the filets with the marinade but skip the salmon skin.
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat for a few minutes. Add the oil and carefully place the salmon fillets skin side down on the skillet. Do not disturb the salmon and let it cook until the flesh is cooked from the skin side up at least 3/4 of the way. Flip the fillets and continue cooking them for 3-4 more minutes or until they are fully cooked through. This may end up being 4-5 minutes on one side and 3-4 minutes on the other side.
- Remove the fillets from the pan and place them on a plate skin side down. Add scallion oil (with the scallions) and top with fried shallots.
We only share products/services that we love. This post contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission for purchases made through our links.