These are an easy way to get your sweet fix without the sugar high or guilt. They have the texture of a soft gummy, firm jello, or soft fruit snack – whichever floats your boat to describe it. I keep mine in the fridge after I take them out of the mold so they continue to stay firm. You can use anything to flavor the gummies – I prefer to use the individual drink packets you can pick up at the Dollar Tree, Walgreens, or grocery store but if you want to keep it clean you could add electrolyte drink mixes or naturally sweetened water enhancers. I purchased my molds on Amazon.
You just need to remember these two tips: 1. Make sure the gelatin powder is completely dissolved in the water before pour the mixture into the molds and 2. You need to work quickly, do not try to pre-make the mixture and then save the pouring for another time.
- 1/2 cup water (Boiling hot – I actually just set my sink to the hottest water setting and use that)
- 2 unflavored gelatin powder (I use Knox brand – you can find this at any grocery stir right next to the Jello)
- 1 packet sugar free drink powder (I have used Starburst, Skittles, Hawaiian Punch, Key Nutrients Electrolyte powders -one individual serving packet)
- Mix the gelatin powder with hot water until it’s fully dissolved.
- Add the sugar free drink powder.
- Put the molds on a tray. Pour the liquid into silicone molds.
- Pick up the tray and place the molds into the fridge for at least 20 minutes before removing them from the molds.
- Store them in an air tight container in the refrigerator for the best experience.
We only share products/services that we love. This post contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission for purchases made through our links.