How to get into Ketosis
If you’re looking to get into ketosis, a metabolic state in which your body burns fat for fuel, here are some steps you can follow:
- Reduce your carb intake: The first step to getting into ketosis is to reduce your carb intake. When you eat carbohydrates, your body turns them into glucose, which is used for energy. However, when you reduce your carb intake, your body has to find another source of fuel.
- Increase your fat intake: When your body doesn’t have enough carbohydrates for fuel, it will start to burn fat for energy instead. To help your body make this switch, it’s important to increase your fat intake. This can be done by incorporating healthy fats like avocado, olive oil, and coconut oil into your diet.
- Try a ketogenic diet: A ketogenic diet is a low-carb, high-fat diet that can help you get into ketosis. This type of diet typically includes foods like meats, eggs, cheese, and fatty fish, as well as non-starchy vegetables like leafy greens and cruciferous vegetables.
- Exercise regularly: Exercise can also help your body get into ketosis by using up stored glycogen (the stored form of glucose) in your muscles. This can help your body switch to burning fat for fuel instead.
- Monitor your ketone levels: One way to determine if you’re in ketosis is to monitor your ketone levels using a ketone meter or test strips. When your body is in ketosis, it will produce ketones, which can be measured in your urine or blood.
For daily meal ideas and inspiration for low carb cooking, follow us on Instagram and/or TikTok @theketodashians
Remember, everyone is different and it may take some time for your body to adjust to burning fat for fuel. Be patient and stick with it, and you can successfully get into ketosis. This is not medical advice, always work with your healthcare provider to determine the best plan for your health and wellness.