KETO SPRING CLEANING
SPRING HAS SPRUNG KETO BAES! This challenge will run from MARCH 29TH TO FRIDAY APRIL 2ND and will focus on total grams of carbs, upping your step game, and being better with your water intake. Use the hashtag #ketospringcleaning to follow along with other keto baes this week. As a reminder, please consult with your health care provider when you make changes to your diet. We are not nutrition or medical professionals and any suggestions should be taken as opinions.
The guidelines are simple:
- Stick to 20g TOTAL carbs or fewer. That means DO NOT SUBTRACT ANY FIBER to get to 20g of total carbs. This also means you will be depending on very low carb foods to get you through the week instead of many processed foods with added fiber or sugar alcohols. This is a great way to refocus your low carb intake and challenge yourself to eat more unprocessed, whole foods.
- Aim for 30 minutes of physical activity. Yes, we understand that many of you can barely fit 15 minutes your daily routines between your jobs, families, activities, and general schedule. However, there are many opportunities you can take to fit physical activities, like take the stairs at work, taking a walk during your breaks, parking further away from the entrances if businesses, etc. If you want to achieve something, you’ll make it work.
- Try to be consistent with your hydration patterns by hitting at least 100oz of water each day of the challenge. Water is so beneficial on ANY diet, but it’s super helpful when you’re entering a deeper state of ketosis. Your coffee and electrolytes count as water too.
We will support you throughout the week by answering your questions and documenting what we do ourselves to reset for the spring. Follow us on Instagram to watch for story updates, meal ideas, and live q&a sessions.
Before you start, take pictures, measurements, and weigh yourself. This will show you how small changes can make a difference. Make sure you plan ahead by making sure you have plenty of food and ingredient options that will nourish you this week and keep you satiated. Do not plan to wing it the morning of Day 1.
If you need a little TLC because you are new to keto or have never tracked total carbs, here is a sample meal plan with product links to get you through the week. Please note that these are suggestions and you can customize them to ensure success with your reset. If you need more meal ideas, search the #20gtotalreboot hashtag on Instagram to see past meals we have eaten during this type of reset.
We only share products/services that we love. This post contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission for purchases made through our links.
Keto 5 Day Meal Plan
To help get you started, here is a sample ketogenic diet meal plan:
-skip breakfast if you are not hungry
-season your food with zero carb seasonings
-mix and match meals you like and don’t eat meals with foods you do not like
-drink a lot of water throughout the day
- Breakfast: Bacon, 1/2 avocado, and eggs. 9G total carbs OR pumpkin spice bulletproof coffee 0G total carbs
- Lunch: Chicken salad with celery sticks 3G total carbs
- Dinner: Salmon with 1 cup asparagus cooked in butter. 5G total carbs
- Breakfast: Egg, tomato, basil and goat cheese omelet. 3G total carbs
- Lunch: Tuna salad with 1 cup cucumber slices. 4G total carbs
- Dinner: Meatballs & Marinara with sautéed zucchini. 9G total carbs
- Breakfast: Sausage, egg, and cheese sandwich. 1G total carbs
- Lunch: BLT lettuce wraps and avocado. 9G total carbs
- Dinner: Chicken Noodle-less Soup. 6G total carbs
- Breakfast: Omelet with avocado, salsa, peppers. 10G total carbs
- Lunch: Ground taco meat with butter lettuce wraps and shredded cheese. 3G total carbs.
- Dinner: Chicken stuffed with spinach and artichoke dip. 3G total carbs
- Breakfast: Ham and cheese omelet. 2G total carbs
- Lunch: Beef stir-fry cooked in avocado oil with broccoli. 6G total carbs
- Dinner: Bun-less burger with bacon, egg and cheese. 1G total carbs
- Breakfast: Sugar-free yogurt with peanut butter, cocoa powder and stevia. 5G total carbs
- Lunch: Turkey and cheese slices with nuts. 5G total carbs
- Dinner: Loaded cauliflower soup. 9G total carbs
- Breakfast: Fried eggs with bacon. 0G total carbs.
- Lunch: Burger with salsa, cheese and guacamole. 5G total carbs
- Dinner: Steak and hardboiled eggs with a side salad. 5G total carbs
0G-1G carb snacks:
-hard boiled eggs
0G carb sweets:
-stevia sweetened meringue cookies
-popsicles made with zero carb beverage powders
-sugar free jello
-cinnamon sweetener pork rinds
-stevia sweetened milk tea
-sugar free homemade gummy bears
Have wiggle room?
Choczero – use KETOBAES to save 10% off your order