Vietnamese Crab and Asparagus Soup (Sup Mang Cua)
This is a ketofied version of a classic comfort food that will warm your belly and your soul. I like to eat mine with extra thai chilis for some sass. The main swap is the xanthan gum for cornstarch – this gives you the same result without the carbs.
- Bring 4-5 cups of water to a boil and add 3 tablespoons granulated chicken seasoning.
- Add a package of ready to eat crab meat.
- Add 1 tsp xanthan gum into the broth and mix.
- Whisk two egg whites and slowly pour into the soup to make ribbons (tip: swirl the broth as you add the egg white). Let it cook up for 1-2 minutes.
- Add a cup of chopped asparagus.
- Add one can of quail eggs.
- Season with a dash of fish sauce, 1/4 tsp monkfruit golden, and white pepper to taste.
We only share products/services that we love. This post contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission for purchases made through our links.