Paffles (Pork Rind Waffles)
Hands down the best vessel for sandwiches when you’re trying to CUT THE CARBS but not the crunch. Paffles have a special place in our hearts because they have connected us to so many keto baes. We love seeing all of the variations in the wild. This is the OG recipe that came together when we were transitioning off the egg fast and into keto carnivore last year.
- We like using neutral tasting pork rind crumbs, like Aldi or Mac’s brand. Pork Panko is also a really great pre-made pork crumb product as well if you’re not trying to DIY everything.
- Our cheese of choice is organic valley brand mozzarella. It’s 1g total carb per serving or zero net carbs per serving.
- People have used other cheeses, such as cheddar, which we have been told helps it crisp up more – but the jury is still out on that.
- You do not have to include the garlic, but it helps mask any kind of pork essence.
- If you do not eat pork, try using fried chicken skins.
- If you make these and they are not crispy, thin out how you spread the dough onto the waffle maker and cook it longer.
- Plug in your waffle maker – this recipe is for a mini waffle maker but you can definitely make it in a regular waffle maker.
- Mix the crushed pork rinds, shredded mozzarella, egg, and garlic powder.
- Divide the dough mixture in half.
- Spoon and spread the mixture into a waffle maker.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes or until it is to your desired crisp level.
- Place the paffle on a paper towel lined plate to soak up any excess grease.
- Enjoy like you would with a bagel, english muffin, or toast.
We only share products/services that we love. This post contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission for purchases made through our links.