KBBQ fan? Us too. This is one of our favorite ways to prep short ribs and they are the perfect pair with some cucumber salad and kimchi. Wrap lettuce around them or serve them on top of cauli rice or keto noodle bowls and you’re set! The easiest way to eat this is to cook the short ribs and then cut them into bite sized pieces when you’re ready to eat.
If you are Asian, there’s a good chance you’ve had this style of scrambled eggs at some point or another in your life. Something about the combo of fish sauce, eggs, and scallions is unbeatable and takes you back to a time when things were simpler. If you are not Asian but enjoy courses like Egg Fu Young, or changing up your egg game, this one’s a really great recipe to try.
We have a lot of people inquiring about our skincare routine and complimenting on our skin (thank you🥰) so I thought it be easier to have everything I use in one post.
I use to have 1000 products in my routine thinking it will guarantee good skin but once I paid attention to the quality of ingredients I eliminated all of the unnecessary steps. I also was applying things in the wrong order…oops but hey, my failures are learning lessons for your success.
Here is a nice diagram I found online on the basic steps on how to layer your products and what you need.
I try to be consistent with both AM/PM routines but ya know my laziness gets the best of me sometimes. If I happen to fall asleep in my makeup (huge NO-NO) I would add double cleansing in the morning.
If I followed my own directions the night before then this is my daily AM skincare routine:
1. Cleanse/Rinse: I have dry skin so I do not use a cleanser in the morning. I wish I knew this tip sooner because I was essentially drying out my skin more by cleansing in AM/PM. Now, I gently rinse with warm water and pat dry.
2. Toner: I like to be efficient and having multi use products. Discovering Laneige Cream Skin toner was a dream come true. I apply the toner on a cotton pad and wipe my face down. This feels amazing on the skin and doesn’t feel like I’m stripping my skin.
4. Serums: Vitamin C is a must have ingredient in any serum you use. It helps with uneven skin tone, rough texture, fine lines, scars, and just gives you a GLOWWWW. I’m on my second bottle of La Roche-Posay Vitamin C Face Serum
5. Eye Cream: This step is also unnecessary if you use a good moisturizer but because my skin is dryer than the desert I like applying eye cream during the day. I gently pat in Kiehl’s Avocado Eye treatment under my eyes, on my eyelids, and on my laugh lines. You just need a tiny amount (I use too much but enjoy it lol) and applying this gives my Vitamin C serum time to soak in.
6. Moisturizer: My moisturizer graveyard is ridiculous and shameful. I have purchased and tried out so many before I found my go-to ride or dies. I want something that gives me a hydrating glow, but not too glow-y that I look sweaty. Something that is richer in texture but doesn’t feel heavy on the skin. Thank you psoriasis for making me become a picky bish lol. My ride or dies for the past 2 years: Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream and La Mer Moisturizing Soft Cream
7. SPF!!!!!!!! If I could only choose one morning skincare product it would be SPF. Without using SPF the rest of the products are pointless. You need SPF even if you’re driving to the store quick. Get into the habit of applying SPF in the morning like how you brush your teeth. SPF is essential to protect your skin, prevent wrinkles, sun damage, etc. We are spending all of this time and money on skincare products but if you don’t wear SPF you are just wasting your efforts.
I had a hard time finding SPF products that wouldn’t irritate my psoriasis on my face, even the “sensitive” ones would sting my skin. It has also been hard finding a sunscreen that didn’t effect my makeup foundation color. Currently, i’m on my third bottle of Krave Beauty- The Beet Shield and never looked back. I love how it moisturizes the skin, truly is undetectable, and DOESN’T STING. I apply a generous amount to my face and use what I have leftover in my palm to rub in my neck, chest and hands. For my no makeup days I also love Glowscreen Sunscreen to protect my skin and give me that fresh faced look .
8. Bonus: Ever pray for thick hair but got it on your face instead? Dats meeeee. Once a week I shave my face (weird, I know) and exfoliate my face and body. I use this Women’s Disposable Razor to shave my hairy face, but this helps brighten up my complexion and remove texture to keep my makeup looking smooth. I use to wax my face but it was ummmmm painful. Shaving is painless, cost effective and way easier.
Literally the easiest dessert EVER!! If you’re strict keto or tracking total carbs, this one’s not for you. If you’re a little lax and want a sinful dessert without the guilt, this is perfect for you. It is definitely dirty keto but you can EASILY clean it up with your own home made version. I used to make this all the time with pre made pie crust and chips ahoy and OMG I could probably kill an entire pie.
If you have leftover keto cookies and want to use them up, use these in place of the High Key Cookies that we use for the demo. It’s super hot and muggy in Minnesota right now so baking is not an option until it cools down.
This is one of my al time favorite potluck or party dishes because it’s so incredible easy to put together and make. It requiries 3 ingredients and just a little bit of your time. It’s sweet, salty, and sure to be a huge crowd pleaser.
We love to ketofy our favorite comfort foods and beverages so there’s something about being able to ketofy this Starbucks drink that makes it feel even that much better.
Here’s how to order:
“Hi, may I please get a Grande Passionfruit Iced Tea, no water, add light heavy cream, with 1-2 packets of stevia… and can you please top it with cold foam made with heavy cream, sugar free vanilla, and a scoop of matcha powder?”
They should be able to make this beverage request for you with no issues. They will point out that there is sugar in the matcha powder – so order based on your keto preferences. There is about 5g of sugar in one scoop of matcha powder. We eat and drink to fit our macros, so this works as a treat for us.
We love eating seafood, especially on a low carb/keto diet! This is based off of my brother-in-laws delicious recipe with low carb approved ingredients. Add radishes and/or your favorite veggies with this mix in substitute of potatoes and corn.
Ya’ll, when we first started showing people how to drink iced bulletproof coffee, everyone was hating and saying “there’s no way the butter can mix with cold coffee”. Trust us, when we want something, we’ll make it happen. The trick is to use a blender or hand mixer to mix the coffee with butter so it comes out nice and creamy. Bulletproof coffee is a high calorie drink meant to replace breakfast. It is supposed to keep you full while providing sustained energy. Make it your own by adding natural sweeteners and/or flavor enhancers.