Mom’s Vietnamese Style Curry Chicken (Ca Ri Ga)
This is one of my favorite dishes my mom makes and hits the spot every time. It’s great with toasted low carb bread or served over cauli rice or keto-friendly noodles. You could honestly serve this to carbies because the biggest swap is monkfruit sweetener for sugar.
Servings: 4 people
Net Carbs: 5g
- 2 pounds chicken (I like wing pieces or boneless/skinless thighs)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons Maeploy red curry paste
- 1/2 cup frozen carrots and peas
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1-2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 4-5 Thai Chili Peppers
- 2 tablespoons Golden Monkfruit sweetener
- 4 bay leaves
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Heat the oil on medium high heat and add the garlic to the pan while the oil is still heating.
- Once the garlic is fragrant, add the chicken and curry powder. Brown the pieces (they do not need to be cooked all the way through yet).
- After about 5 minutes, add the red curry paste, coconut milk, water, fish sauce, thai peppers, peas/carrots, and sweetener.
- Continue cooking for another 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Five minutes before serving, add the bay leaves and salt/pepper to taste.
Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 30g | Sodium: 451mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Net Carbs: 5g
We only share products/services that we love. This post contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission for purchases made through our links.
Tried this recipe?Please leave a review below and tag us @TheKetodashians on IG!