Sugar Free Balsamic Glaze
This glaze (or reduction) is perfect drizzled over some mozzarella, grape tomatoes, and basil (hello caprese). Make it even more fun by making a salad on a stick using skewers. Balsamic glaze is also great drizzled over bruschetta, grilled veggies, margarita pizzas, and essentially any summer time fare like berries, goat cheese, crudite, etc!
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar free maple syrup (use KETOBAES to save $ on choczero orders)
- Heat the balsamic vinegar in a saucepan over medium heat until it starts to gently bubble (about 10 mins).
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and stir continuously while the balsamic vinegar reduces (about another 10-15 minutes).
- Pour the sugar free maple syrup into the reduced balsamic and stir for a few minutes until the reduction and maple syrup are thoroughly mixed. Add more maple syrup to taste.
- Let it cool down completely before serving and/or storing.
We only share products/services that we love. This post contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission for purchases made through our links.
Tried this recipe?Please leave a review below and tag us @TheKetodashians on IG!
You know that a cup of balsamic vinegar has 38 grams of sugar, right? So if this recipe makes 25 servings, each serving would have 3 carbs. I don’t call that “sugar-free” when you’re limiting your carb intake to keto levels. And do you really limit yourself to what is 1/25th of the batch? How do you measure?
Heidi, this is a recipe for balsamic glaze, which is literally a drizzle over whatever you’re eating it with. We took a half tsp to drizzle over a caprese salad and it was more than enough. Our definition of sugar free means we are not adding any sugar to the recipe – if you’re looking for a low carb balsamic vinegar, here’s a good one. We eat 20g total carbs and most days we will stay under even 5g total carbs, so this recipe fits our lifestyle and many of the keto baes who eat to fit their macros. We list our ingredients out so those who want to include natural sugars in their diets can pick and choose. We know there are others who cannot afford to have any sugars due to medical conditions, so we try to include strict recipes on our page too.
Comments are closed.