Eggfast Street Waffles – street waffles are a nice treat that can be found around Asia and Europe. Rather than being served with syrup and butter, these are made sweeter and are meant to standalone so they are a great grab and go treat. Y’all know I’m all about textures so I was happy this worked out for the egg fast 💕
The trick to getting a light & airy, yet sturdy egg fast friendly waffle? Mozzarella cheese. I don’t like the (egg+cream cheese only) waffles because they shrink as soon as you open the waffle iron and they just taste and feel like eggs 😂
- 1 Tbsp Whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 Tsp Baking powder
- 1/3 Cup Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp Golden Monkfruit sweetener
- Ube or Pandan extract
- 1 egg
- Mix 1 tablespoon of whipped cream cheese with an egg, 1/2 tsp baking powder, and 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese. Add 2 tablespoons of monkfruit sweetener. Mix in ube extract(2-3 drops cause it’s so concentrated but I use the color of the batter to determine the amount ), I used the butterfly brand. Try to have the smoothest batter possible with a whisk or just blend it for a second. You don’t want clumps of cream cheese.
- Add the batter to a waffle iron and cook for 1-2 minutes. LET IT COOL BEFORE YOU EAT TO GET THE BEST TEXTURE. Pro-tip: swap out ube for pandan extract and boom! Hello Thai street food vendor.
We only share products/services that we love. This post contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission for purchases made through our links.